Top Ten Trees to Trim
- The Fraser Fir may be the perfect holiday tree. It has 1 inch needles which are soft to the touch. It also has space between the branches to make for easy decorating. The branches are also strong enough to hold heavy ornaments. The Frasier Fir has a great shape and with proper watering it has excellent needle retention.
- The Noble Fir is deep green in color and also has space
between branches for easy decorating. The boughs are a lovely shape and are often used for fresh wreaths. Its branches are sturdy yet the needles are not too sharp.
- A Colorado Blue Spruce has a nice shape with strong limbs that can hold heavy ornaments. The Blue Spruce is known for its distinctive blue foliage which can also appear silvery.
- The Grand Fir is a pretty tree that has a glossy dark green color with
needles that are 1 to 1 1/2 inches long. This tree is soft to the touch and not the best choice for heavier ornaments.
- The Balsam Fir is a beautiful dark-green color with flexible boughs that may not be able to hold heavy ornaments. It has a nice shape that has a pleasant fragrance and holds its needles well.
- White Fir or Concolor Fir has long pointed needles that are usually 1/2 to 1 1/2 inch long, As a Christmas tree, white fir has good foliage color, a pleasing natural shape andaroma, and good needle retention.”
- The Eastern White Pine boughs are ideal for use used in garlands, wreaths, and centerpieces because of their long, feathery, soft needles. Though it is a beautiful tree, branches can be a bit too flexible to support heavier decorations. The White Pine needles lasta long time when properly watered.
- The Scotch Pine is known for being a tree that will last through the holiday season. I will resist drying and dropping its needles. Wear gloves when decorating since its needles can be sharp as pins!
- A Douglas Fir is beautiful Christmas tree with soft shiny green needles. It may be difficult to decorate if the branches have been sheared into a perfect conical shape, leaving too little space between branches to hang decorations. A Douglas Fir needs to be freshly cut and kept well watered.
- The Norway Spruce is a beautiful tree that needs to be purchased just a week or so before Christmas because it does not hold its needles well. It can be a lovely tree if kept watered properly.
Remember to keep deer away from your evergreens all year round with Bobbex.